What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese form of healing that involves transferring energy from one body to another using touch of a hand. It is based on the underlying principle of ki, the life force energy that binds all. By using this technique, it is believed that the universal energy is maintained, as transferring it to a body in need eventually leads to a state of equilibrium.
Although Reiki is not scientifically or clinically proven, practitioners believe it to be one of the best ways to heal the body from within. An imbalance occurs in the body when the flow of energy gets disturbed or weakened. Such imbalances can be attributed to stress, hectic lifestyle, fear, hormonal changes, anxiety, pessimism, or many other emotional injuries. Reiki is considered to be the best way to treat and instigate the healing process in a body to restore balance.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
One of the most important and effective health benefits of Reiki is the reduction of stress which ultimately leads to relaxation of the body, mind, and spirit of both the therapist and the patient. Other benefits include:
- Better sleeping habits
- Stimulation of the auto-healing ability within a body and therefore improvement of the immune system
- Regulation of blood pressure
- Alleviation of acute pain due to injury, chronic pain, and disease like asthma, migraine, etc.
- Detoxification of body
- Revitalize the body and stalls aging
- Leads to a better immune system
- Channel the energy flow through the endocrine system
- Fastens recovery processes and reduces any side effects due to high dose medicine intake
- Helps to overcome unhealthy emotions
Reiki can thus be looked at as a means to attain spiritual growth by accelerating the healing ability of a body. It is a natural, simple, and non-invasive system of healing that promotes the health of both the patient and the healer. It also helps in striking a balance between the mind and the body leading to self-actualization.